Watch the Video https://youtu.be/zbNMfDH7nmI
Don’t forget to follow us on our socials for more great content like this!
- 1– 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups dry Israeli Couscous (uncooked)
- ½ cup kalamata olives ( pitted, sliced)
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 3 scallions, sliced at a diagonal
- Zest from one lemon
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 Tablespoon Red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Trim the tough ends of the asparagus off. Lay them on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1-2 Tbps olive oil, salt and cracked pepper. Roast in the oven at 325, until just tender, about 20-25 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces. You can also grill the asparagus (in the video!).
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add Israeli Couscous, and cook until al dente. (8-10 minutes.)
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, stir all ingredients together.
- Drain couscous, and place in a large bowl. Toss it with the dressing, olives, asparagus, feta, pine nuts, fresh herbs, scallions and lemon zest.
- Taste and adjust salt and lemon to your liking.
- Serve warm, or chill and serve as a salad.