Watch the Video https://youtu.be/YBCMZG16xf0
Don’t forget to follow us on our socials for more great content like this!
- 1 large eggplant (cut into cubes)
- 1 zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed fire-roasted tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
- ¼ cup pitted green olives, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley and/or basil
- Place 3 tablespoons olive oil in a fry pan on high heat, add the cubed eggplant Sprinkle it with salt, toss and cook until golden. (Set aside)
- Warm a tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add the zucchini, onion, bell pepper and celery, salt and pepper. Cook until tender
- Add the garlic and stir. Add the tomatoes, olives, vinegar, capers, honey, red pepper flakes, and bay leaf. Stir to combine. Simmer on medium-low heat for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Stir in the roasted eggplant and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the fresh herbs.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and top with the remaining herbs.
- Serve as an appetizer with fresh crostini, or serve along side your favourite protein.