Watch the Video https://youtu.be/5xztRFXQi6k
Don’t forget to follow us on our socials for more great content like this!
- 4 large artichokes, firm and bright in color
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Asiago cheese, grated
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Using a serrated knife, cut the top quarter off of the top of the artichoke and cut off the stem to create a level base. Snip the tips from each of the leaves, removing the sharp points. Loosen the leaves and using a sharp paring knife cut out the innermost leaves to reveal the fibrous choke.
- With a spoon, scrape as much of the choke fibers out of the artichoke as you can.
- Brush the prepared artichokes with a little lemon juice to keep them from turning grey while you prepare the filling.
- For the filling; In a small bowl, mix all ingredients and 2 tsp lemon zest until evenly moistened. Spoon the mixture into the center of the prepared artichokes. Loosen the pieces and spoon filling between each as well.
- Place the stuffed artichokes in an oven-proof baking dish. Pour the water, wine, and 2 Tbsp lemon juice into the dish and cover it tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake the artichokes for 1 hour. After one hour, remove the aluminum foil and turn your oven to broil. Broil the artichokes for 3-5 minutes, until the tops are golden.