Watch the Video https://youtu.be/WQ2QrYwXpa8
Don’t forget to follow us on our socials for more great content like this!
- 8 Zucchini Flowers/Blossoms
- 1/3 Fresh Mozzarella, cubed
- 4 Slices Prosciutto, diced
- 1/4 cup Fresh Pecorino Cheese, grated
- Pinch of Salt, to taste
- Handful Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup Vodka
- 8 oz. Sparkling Water
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- To prepare the flowers, rinse them in cold water and then cut the pistils out from the middle of the flowers.
- Fill a deep skillet halfway with vegetable oil. Heat up over medium-low heat.
- For the batter; mix the flour, salt, baking powder, garlic and vodka using a whisk. Add the sparkling water, a little bit at a time and whisk until there are no clumps. You want it to resemble pancake batter. Set aside.
- For the stuffing; in a bowl, mix the mozzarella, prosciutto, parsley and pecorino cheese.
- Working with one flower at time, grab a handful of the stuffing mix, open the petals and stuff it. Close the petals around the stuffing and set aside.
- Dip each stuffed zucchini flower into the batter mix and then put it into the oil skillet over medium/low heat. Fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until a golden brown on each side.
- Remove from the oil and place over a dish covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Let rest for a couple of minutes.